Friday, May 11, 2007

Hurry, College Football, hurry fast...

I'm attempting to post something everyday here because I think it'll actually help me improve my writing and increase visitors to the site. Also, I'm interested in increasing my chances for winning the Ladies… Hot Blogger bracket. However, my job makes that task very difficult. Since its quite hot (92 degrees) and I'm having a challenging day at work today, I wanted to briefly reflect upon my favorite sport: College Football.

5 Things I'm looking forward to for the '07-'08 Season

1. Heisman Race- No clear-cut early favorites for the Heisman this year. Even established players that returned to school all have serious question marks: Brohm (health?), Brennan (are stats enough?), McFadden (team in disarray?), Tebow (can he be the guy?), Hart/Henne (flashy?), Slaton/White (split votes?), Booty (how good is he without Jarrett/Smith?). This could be the year someone from outside the pack makes a serious run at the award. Could a defensive player win it?

2. Disagreements and arguments- This happens every year, but it's always enjoyable. I can't wait for the first BCS standings followed by the campaign for a playoff.

3. Helmet stickers- one of my favorite aspects of college football. Unfortunately, not every team does it. The NCAA needs to pass a rule that requires all teams to utilize helmet stickers. Does anyone else remember the "Buckeye!" College Gameday commercial?

4. The USC Marching Band- just a little bit of homerism here. Nothing in football beats walking into the Coliseum with the band playing on a sunny California afternoon.

5. Upset Saturday- I always enjoy the one Saturday every year where a few Top 25 teams get upset in the same day. And of course the ceremonial tearing down of the goal posts.

No comments: